CWM Chartered Wealth Manager ™ – The World’s First Graduate Wealth Management Certification and Charter.Thursday, March 7th, 2013
CWM Chartered Wealth Manager ™ – America’s First Graduate Wealth Management Certification and Charter.
The CWM ® Chartered Certified Wealth Manager ® professional certification awarded from the AAFM ® American Academy of Financial Management ® is the first graduate wealth management Charter & Board certification in the world – as featured in the FINRA, NASD, Investopedia, Forbes, China Daily, Financial Times, Black Enterprise, Wall Street Journal, and Money Manager that was created and founded by the AAFM American Academy of Financial Management . The internationally trademarked CWM ® Chartered Certified Wealth Manager AAFM ® Certification  and credential is only available for wealth managers with an accredited masters degree, law degree, CPA, PhD or specialized executive training from an ABA accredited law school  or other approved program in Asia, Europe, India, Latin America or Africa. In 2004, Robert Frank of the Wall Street Journal published an expose of the top Wealth Management educational programs and certifications including the AAFM, Wharton School of Business and New York University.
The CWM Certified ( Chartered Wealth Manager )  designation and post-graduate qualification is exclusively issued and conferred by the USA Board of Standards American Academy of Financial Management ® over the last decade (AAFM)  The CWM wealth management certification & designation is similar to financial planning certification but is a graduate certification and professional development program in high net worth consulting which has always required a government recognized education and degree. The CWM Chartered Certified Wealth Manager ® Law School Curriculum and syllabus has been accepted for use with ABA Accredited Law School Programs. Wealth Management is a profession and career that many bankers and investment professionals are entering. Like any accredited law school graduate courses, the AAFM CWM certification courses will count toward a post graduate degree such as a LLM or JSM, will count for continuing education for CPA and Law Licensing, and may count towards the CPA exam eligibility.
The CWM Chartered Wealth Manager Board Certification  from AAFM USA requires knowledge in 12 key areas: and is referenced in the Global Designation Directory and on the FINRA US Government Regulatory Website  The primary required skill sets of a CWM would include: 1. Estate Planning and Trusts 2. Asset Management 3. Portfolio Management 4. International Taxation 5. Retirement Law 6. Economics 7. Investments 8. Money and Banking 9. High Net Worth Consulting 10. Relationship Management, Compliance, and Ethics 11. Business Entities & Organizations 12. Risk Management and Insurance
Educational institutes and training organizations must petition to the AAFM www.AAFM.us to become an accredited provider of the CWM Chartered Wealth Manager program.
Governmental Citations & Book References
- ^ ” Wall Street Journal – Is Your Wealth Manager Certifiable? features AAFM CWM Wealth Management Certification “
- ^ “CWM Featured in The Money Manager
- ^ AAFM Investopedia Dictionary Article
- ^ “Investopedia CWM Article”
- ^ “AAFM US Government Trademark Reference”
- ^ “Post Graduate CWM Law School Certification Program”
- ^ “RIA Compliance Solution book”
- ^ AAFM CWM in Investopedia Dictionary
- ^ “US Government Trademark Reference for CWM “
- ^ “The ElderLaw Portfolio Series, Volume 1 – Page 25-16Harry S. Margolis”
- ^ ABA Accredited TJSL LLM Graduate Program in Finance and Taxation offering CWM from AAFM
- ^ “AAFM CWM in the Book Career opportunities in banking, finance, and insurance By Thomas P. Fitch Pg. 251″
- ^ “AAFM Law School Certification”
- ^ “Demystifying Wall Street”
- ^ “AAFM US Board and Certifying Requirements”
- ^ “Directory of Global Professional Accounting and Business Certifications By Lal Balkaran”
- ^ “FINRA Governmental Regulatory Website Formerly NASD”
AAFM American Academy of Financial Management ® and CWM ® External links
- AAFM US Board of Standards
- Global Professional Certifying Board
- USA Accredited Law School Program Online for the AAFM CWM
- China www.AAFMChina.org
- Arabia www.AAFMGCC.com
- India www.AAFMIndia.com
- Latin America www.AAFMLA.com
- Singapore www.AAFMAsia.com
Over 800 Accredited Graduate Programs which qualifies you to apply for CWM Certification ™ . You must have 3 years of wealth management experience on top of having the graduate degree or courses.
- Masters in Finance, Wealth Management, Tax or Economics from an ACBSP Accredited Double Business School.
- Masters in Finance, Wealth Management, Tax/Accounting or Economics from an AACSB Accredited Double Business School.
- Masters with focus on Finance, Wealth Management, Tax or Economics from an ABA Accredited Law School.
- Masters in Finance, Wealth Management, Tax or Economics from an EFMD EQUIS Accredited Double Business School.
- Masters Degree in Finance from CUFE Beijing Business School
- MBA or MSC from Shanghai Graduate Program in Finance
- Masters in Wealth Management from the Swiss Banking School
- JSM or LLM from the Diamond Law School Wealth Management Program